Create a bi-directional connection between conversations in Slack and chats in Intercom
What is Intercom?
Intercom is a business communication platform that specializes in a live-chat widget. Using Intercom, customers are available to deliver customers a first-hand experience of top tier support. Intercom is relied on by companies of all sizes.
Who would Benefit from this Integration?
The Thena <> Intercom Integration is built for:
- Product Support Agents who work in Intercom, but work with incoming requests from customers that are in Slack. Thena creates a ticketing workflow to forward these users to Intercom, while keeping them in their native Slack UI.
- Customer Success Managers who recognize requests that are more suited for the Intercom Support Team/Agent. With Thena, they can quickly route the user to the right channel and focus on their day-to-day tasks.
Join WorkRamp, Aloware, and others as companies that use the Thena <> Intercom integration!
How does it Work?
At a high-level, using Zendesk and Thena will enable a workflow where requests that are determined to be better suited for the Support Team to handle will be bi-directionally synced across the two platforms (Slack and Zendesk). The flow looks something like this:
- A customer reaches out to the vendor (you) in Slack.
- From the channel, the vendor (likely a CSM or someone related) determines this requires the support team in Zendesk. They create a ticket using the workflow from Slack, the Web App, or the Triage Channel. They are able to add tags, if set up in Thena, to automate triggers in Zendesk.
- The ticket gets created in Thena & Zendesk. The Support Team will see a new ticket in Zendesk, and can work to solve and prioritize accordingly.
- All context that is shared by the customer (files, links, etc) are also sent through to Zendesk.
Integrate with Intercom
The Intercom integration is O-Auth, and should take a total of 10 mins to get started. You'll want to:
Step 1: Go to Integrations in your Thena Web App
Step 2: Add Intercom as an integration
Step 3: Connect with Intercom (O-Auth)
Step 4: Provide Thena with access to your Intercom instance
Step 5: Go back to the Thena integrations page and click on "View Integration" to finish set up
Step 6: Review the table below to help with your set up
Step 7: Click "Save" when done
|Auto Send to Intercom||Enabling this setting will automatically send all responses in Slack to Intercom. It bypasses Thena's request detection --> create a ticket workflow||Not Set|
|Use Admin/Agent Slack Profile||Supports using the Intercom agent's Slack profile & image for responses sent back to the Customer on Slack. Please note that you must use or the other between "App Alias" and "Use Admin/Agent Slack Profile"||Not Set|
|App Alias||Allows you set a custom name for your support team in Intercom. Please note that you must use or the other between "App Alias" and "Use Admin/Agent Slack Profile"||"Thena"|
|App Alias Icon||Allows you to set a custom logo for your company when responding in Intercom.||"Thena"|
|Default Initial Message||Turn on an "auto-responder" to start off the Intercom chat||Not Set|
|Default Tag for Conversation||Add a tag to all conversations from Slack to Intercom||Not Set|
|Email Domain Restriction||Add domains that cannot create a ticket from Slack to Intercom. Do not recommend adding this||Not Set|
|Upload Files from Private Channels||Allows Thena to upload any files added to a thread in private Slack channels||Not Set|
Thena can upload files from private channels
We typically only sync the links to the uploaded files in Slack to Intercom. However for private channels, these links will not work unless the user in Intercom is also a Slack user that is a part of the private channel. If this setting is enabled, these files are temporarily uploaded to an S3 bucket and then synced to Intercom (post which, the files are deleted from S3).
Intercom FAQ's can be found here. If you're unable to find the answer to your question, please reach out to the team at Thena.
Updated about 1 month ago