How to Get Started
Welcome to Thena, we’re excited to help you scale & manage your business communication on Slack, both internally and externally.
This guide is a simple “how to get started” with Thena, for more information on our core products, you can follow the direct links below:
There are two ways to get started with Thena, we recommend using the Thena Web App for an initial set up and then adding more custom configs from the Slack UI.
Approve Thena for Your Workspace
Slack Admin Needed
You must be a Slack Admin in order to add Thena into your Slack workspace. For information on Slack user roles & permission, see here
Selecting the Right Workspace
If you have multiple Slack workspaces you are a member of, make sure you select the one tied to your organization/where you want Thena to manage.
Finish Approving Thena for your Workspace
Now that you have completed the approval process, we’ll walk you through how to add Thena to your customer’s channels and complete the initial onboarding.
Add Thena to Customer Channels & Complete Onboarding
Now that you have completed the initial onboarding, you can proceed to add more detailed configurations from the Thena global settings (Channels Page). More about that below.
- For adding Thena to private channels, use this guide
Thena does not store any conversation data. Our policy on data governance is available here
You do not have to add all your channels during the onboarding phase. You can add more channels from Settings --> Channels --> "Add Channels" tab.
Increase Thena Visibility in Slack
In Slack, we recommend moving Thena to the top of your Slack navigation so that you can stay on top of all requests, both incoming and pending. You can do this by adding Thena to your "starred" apps in Slack.
Congrats! You are now set up with Request Management. Read on to learn more about Request Management or check out the other cool products Thena has to offer like Ticketing, Workspace Analytics, and Marketing Automation.
Question: After following this guide, am I all ready to use Thena?
- Once you have followed these instructions, you will be able to start centralizing requests made by you customers in an internal triage channel. There are some more options to configure, or additional channels to add, that still remain. For more a detailed configuration, refer to this section.
Question: What types of channels can Thena support?
- Today we support all Slack Connect channels. This guide was written from the POV for a public Slack Connect channel. If you need help adding a private channel to Thena, see here or contact us at [insert support alias].
Question: Do I have to use the web app to install & onboarding on to Thena?
- The web app is the easiest way to get started with Thena. However, you can do this all using your native Slack UI. For more information, read Request Management: Slack App
Question: Can I configure a custom triage channel for each channel (customer account)?
- Yes, you can find more information on a custom configuration option under the Request Management product.
Updated 9 days ago