How to integrate Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Cases
The Salesforce OAuth is coming soon (Mid February)
- Create a user that will act as "Thena" on Salesforce. This is a necessary step because we want to prevent going down the route of other apps that force all users to authenticate their SFDC login details.
- Once this user is created, save the username + pwd (you can share it with us for us to set up the next few steps if you'd like) and login with the same user.
- Go to the profile page and create a secret token for the login
- Create a connected app on Salesforce and call it Thena - we will use the connected app to read/write from Salesforce. Listing the steps for the same below (apologies if some of them are redundant)
- Navigate to the gear icon on the top of the page and click on Setup
- In the left-hand sidebar, go to Platform Tools > Apps > App Manager and then click on New Connected App on the top right of the pane in the App Manager screen
- Under API (Enable OAuth Settings), mark the "Enable OAuth Settings" checkbox.
- Under Callback URL, paste-in Thena's redirect URL: https://passport.thena.ai/oauth
- Give the app full access from the scopes
- Salesforce provides your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret needed for the next step once you register your application.
- Once you're done with the steps, you can add the username, password, secret token for the user and the consumer key and consumer secret for the connected app.
Updated 2 months ago